Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sunshine

The sunshine and summer temps are FINALLY here in Northern Minnesota!  I know, I know... it's May already and the rest of the country has already experienced the beginnings of summer.  Northern Minnesota is like a cold weather vortex where winter overstays its welcome.  I even busted out the capris and heels and I am rockin' it today.  I have my iPod on and I'm listening to my rock mix filled with My Chemical Romance, Hole, and old school Joan Jett.  If it wasn't totally inappropriate, I would dance around my office playing air guitar.

Pregnancy update:  I am feeling pretty good.  I went a few days without very much morning sickness and then yesterday it came back with a vengeance.  I swear, those B-Natal suckers are a life saver when it comes to feeling like you may vomit 24/7.  Getting used to this growing belly is strange.  I find Robert constantly looking at me like he can't believe it is finally happening for us.  Sometimes it feels so surreal still.
It is still unnerving to feel the stretching of the uterus because I am constantly reading too much into every twinge and twitch.  On Saturday I will be 11 weeks and I think I will calm down more in another week when I am out of the first trimester.

We have a big meeting at work today. The Feds cut Legal Aid funding AGAIN and we are hoping to make it through.  The need for our services never goes down but we are working with a skeleton crew as it is.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Happy Thursday!

~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment