Wednesday, May 18, 2011

If it makes you happy.

I have to come clean.  I was totally going to use this morning's post to rant and rave about Minnesota Republicans again.  I was going to huff and puff and stomp my feet and let you know about their outrageous plans to cut civil legal services by 16% and home care for the disabled in our state.  I was going to pound my fists and tell you how absurd their new bill is and how if it isn't veto'ed, hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans would be homeless, penniless, and without assistance....
.... But I won't. ;-)
I was also going to tell you that I am having an equally crappy morning.  It was all oversleeping, toe stubbing, heel scraping, feeling fat, and tears.  I was going to release all my fury this morning.  That is, until I thought better of it.  I don't want to put all that negativity out there.  Instead, I am going to tell about things that make me feel happy.  Things that make me smile.  I am hoping that some of these make your day better too!

~ The feeling of freshly brushed teeth:  There is nothing in the world like this feeling.  I am sure I brush my teeth more obsessively than most but it's because I love that feeling of absolute clean.

~ How sheets smell on your bed after they dried outside on the line:  Snuggling up in a bed that smells like flowers and sunshine... that pretty much guarantees a good night's sleep.

~ Listening to my Dad play guitar:  My dad has this old Gibson Heritage that I think is from the 60's.  It has a ding in the front where I hit it with a toy when I was younger, the neck has a scar from where is was broken in half at a gig, and so many good memories in it that there is something so warm and comforting in the way it sounds.  D'Adario J 16 Phosphorus Bronze.  Yes Dad, I will always remember what strings it uses. :-)

~ Watching movies and snuggling with my husband:  Just to know that God sent this amazing man to earth; to walk with me, and to be with me all my days.... it is nothing short of a dream.

~ Chocolate cake:  Let's face it... I'm pregnant.... and that tastes good.

~Diet Coke:  Oh my aspartame sweetened wonder, I miss you.  See you in 6 months!

~ Driving with the windows down:  I love the wind in my hair and a good song on the radio.  It always feels as if your cares are gone for those few minutes.

~ Seeing my growing tummy:  We have waited so long for this and have been through so much to get here.  Seeing this bulge in my tummy, knowing that there is finally a healthy baby in there... means the world.

I could make this list go on and on, but I will leave it at that.  You should leave a comment of some things that make YOU happy!  I want to know!

Have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment