Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sully Update and 32w 5d

I am sitting on the cusp of 33 weeks.  I can't even believe it.
These 33 weeks have completely flown by and I am getting more and more anxious to meet my son. 

My son.

It still feels so surreal to say that. :-)

I had an OB appointment today.  I had them test me for a UTI because I was feeling a weird feeling in my vagina.  Not so much a pain, but almost like a pulled a muscle.  It was really an awkward feeling.  I was starting to have to pee even more in these past few days so I thought I perhaps had a UTI.
I haven't heard from Dr. S's office all day, so I am assuming that the test was negative.
Anyway, I asked Dr. S about this weirdo twinge in my lady station and he said that since Sully is head down, he is really pressing on my bladder AND sometimes the head causes a "charlie horse" in your hoo-ha. 
Really?  Now I have a Charlie Horse in my koo-ka?  I swear, the weirdest things happen during pregnancy.
Dr. S assured me that it was nothing to worry about, and that it is just a part of it.

My belly is once again measuring bigger.  ::UGH::  Haven't I already been through this?  We discovered that it is amniotic fluid and tummy fat! :-)  Dr. S wants to do another growth ultrasound on the 26th and see where Sully is at size-wise.  If Sully is growing ahead of schedule, then we will talk about inducing me at 38 weeks, which is a mere 5 1/2 weeks away!  I am not all that thrilled at the possibility of an induction.  I heard most of them lead to a C-Section and I am trying to avoid that like the plague.
We will just see though.  I not going to get myself in a tizzy until I know for sure.  And we have already been through this before when they thought he was big last month.
Either way, Dr. S isn't going to let me go past 40 weeks because he doesn't want Sully to get too big.  I may be OK with that. :-)
Either way, this little boy is coming soon or sooner!
I can't even wait!

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. im having that SAME pain in my kooka and i was calling my dr like a crazy person cuz it just didnt feel normal (i even had them test me for a UTI as well) they told me the same thing, baby is head down pressing on my cervix and yadda yadda ya. I am looking at possibly being induced at 39 weeks if baby doesnt come on his/her own before then because baby is measuring large but my belly is measuring small.

    hope all goes well for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, a charlie horse there??? Wow, totally nuts! Hope it doesn't bother you too much. :)

    ReplyDelete