Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday... TGIF Baby

Morning!

I am so beyond excited that it is Friday.  It has been another grueling week and I am ready for some R & R this weekend.  My sister and niece are coming to stay with us this weekend and I am really excited to see them.  My niece is chomping at the bit to feel my belly.  I am hoping Sully cooperates with her and gives her a big kick.
We have a few final touches to put in the nursery and it will be complete.  I will be posting pictures this weekend.
We also had the dreaded office baby shower on Tuesday.  I was really not looking forward to it, but it ended up being OK.  The cake was delicious and I ate my weight in taco dip.  My coworkers got us cute little outfits and diapers and toys.  One of the paralegals in our Pine City office even made this beautiful quilt. The stitching is so perfect and the quilt is adorable.  It will be a perfect blanket for tummy time.  The ladies in my office that convinced me to not cancel the shower even had little corsages made for K and I.  And the cake was adorable!
Aren't they cute:

 

I have also been feeling very big lately.  My belly has gotten so big and round.  It is actually cumbersome to move around, especially if I need to move somewhere kind of quickly.  This must mean that he is a big, healthy boy, right?
Here is a pic from last week, 33 weeks:



That is one giant belly! Hahah. It is still weird to think that there is a 5lb little boy hanging out in there somewhere.  I know he is head down now and his little butt is in my upper left side ribcage, but where on earth is everything else!?  I am getting anxious to see his cute little face at my appointment next week.  I swear, the weeks are moving slowly now.  All I want is for him to be here, and snuggle him, and feed him and dote on him.  I can barely focus at work anymore.  My mind drifts to all the things we are going to do as a family, and the little outfits he is going to wear.  I spend hours scouring the Internet for the best Christening outfit (which I have yet to find).  I am basically in "fake-it-til-you-make-it" mode.  I want to get through these next 5 weeks 6 days, or less, and then have 10 weeks to sit at home and love my little guy.
Case in point: ignoring my stack of letters to draft on my left in favor of updating the blog.  Yep, this chick is ready for maternity leave! :-)

Happy Friday ladies.!


 

1 comment: