Friday, November 9, 2012

It's the big weekend!

Hey ladies!

How was your week?  I have been like an antsy kid on Christmas morning waiting for this weekend to get here.  Sunday is my Sully Monster's 1st birthday party!  Ohmygoodness!  How did this year speed by so fast!?  I usually am hoping time will slow down but I want Friday to zoom by.  I am really not sure how I am going to be able to concentrate on work so I may just fake it, til I make it. Haha! :-)

My Debbiemom is in town and we are going to go grocery shopping tomorrow.  I wanna keep the menu tasty and and simple and easy to prepare since there will be 40 guests.  I'm making southwest pulled chicken sandwiches, meatballs, pasta salad, baked beans, a relish trays, chips and dips and then my MIL is bringing fruit trays from Byerly's in Minneapolis.  I have all the candy for the candy bar.  Since we are doing Nickelodeon/Bubble Guppies theme, I bought Crabby Patty gummies, gumballs that I am going to call Bubble Bites, I have all the coloring pages and crafts for the kid's play area, I have all 4 sections of his timeline done, pictures printed, and about a billion other things.  I have gone incredibly overboard, but it is all worth it.  This kid deserves the party of the century.
And of course, I am driving Robert crazy! Haha!  Just when he thought I was done being insane about this party, I decided to take a quick look at Etsy... :-)

I found these super cute cupcake toppers:



Sully is having a Bubble Guppies sculpted smash cake and then cupcakes for the guests.  These are going to add extra pizazz to the cuppies. :-)

Then I found this lady that makes personalized shirts, so I had this one made for Sully to wear to the party:



He is going to be quite a stud!

We have the Flip charged and the camera charged so I will be taking a ton of pics.  I still can't believe that the party is here!


On a separate note, I am sure you are all sick of election stuff, but I am so incredibly proud, not only to be an American, but to be a Minnesotan. Sully's health care is once again saved because of Obama, and I am grateful for that, but I am also grateful that the residents of my state, voted down two hateful amendments.  One of them was calling for people to have a valid ID to vote.  I am sure that some think, "What's the big deal?  Everyone has an ID so it should be a no brainer to have to have one to vote."  The truth is, everyone does not have an ID.  And yes, while there are some ways you can get one for free, you need supporting documents to get that free ID.  Case in point:  There is a widow that was born in Texas. She came here with her husband after the war.  She lives on Social Security and a pension.  She lost her ID a few months ago.  She doesn't drive, so she didn't rush out an get one.  Had the amendment passed, she would have had to not only get herself to the DMV and spend $23.00 she doesn't have, she would need to call down to Texas, try and get their courthouse to fax or mail her birth certificate, AND then pay for that.  Luckily, that amendment didn't pass. 
Also, we voted down an amendment that wanted to change our state constitution, banning gay marriage in our state.  The citizens of Minnesota stood up and said, "NO!" While same sex marriage isn't legal here yet, this is one step closer.  Love is love.  If a guy wants to marry another guy, that doesn't make my marriage any less special.  And this deficit?  Three words: Gay Bridal Registry. :-)  If someone doesn't like gay marriage, they shouldn't get gay married.
There was a saying during the election that said, "Be Minnesota Nice, Vote NO Twice!"
That is just what we did on election morning!  I am so proud!  Sully wore his 'Future Mr. President' shirt.  Isn't he so cute?



Well ladies, I hope you all have an amazing weekend!  To K, I am thinking and praying for you!  I hope the Saturday report from Dr. S goes swimmingly!  Keep us updated!  And to the Stay at Home attorney.... our babies will be 1 next week... AHHHHHH! :-)

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe Sully will be 1 soon! It looks like his birthday will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I loved you and your blog for a reason!!! I am so incredibly proud of what Minnesota did on Tuesday.

    And in most important news, happy first birthday to Sully!!!!!! What a first year he's had. I hope he and y'all have an amazing day on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete