Wednesday, November 14, 2012

365 Days - Dear Sullivan

My dearest Sully James,

Today is your first birthday.  You aren't a little baby anymore.  You are a big, toddler boy and your poor Mama still has whiplash from how fast this year has gone by.
I remember laying in the operating room just waiting to hear your first cry.  As soon as I heard it, I cried harder than I have ever cried in my whole life.  You were finally here.  I can still remember the sounds and smells and at that moment, I knew all of my dreams came true.  You are the answer to all of my prayers.  I thank God every day that He chose ME, little ol' me, to be your Mama.  What did I do to get so lucky?

You have taken us on such a roller coaster, but I wouldn't have changed a minute of it.  If someone said I would have to go through all of it again, and the end result would be you, I wouldn't blink.  I would do it all again in a heartbeat. 

Sully, you are the best kid a mom could ask for.  After everything you have been through, you would have every right to be a complete crab if you wanted, but you are the total opposite.  You are so happy and outgoing.  You love to smile and laugh and I think you even tease me sometimes.  :-)  You love to socialize and be around people.  You are a little ham and love to be the center of attention. 

You also love to feed yourself.  Mama tries to help you and you just get angry!  You love hummus, peas, grilled cheese, string cheese and anything Mama and Daddy are eating.  You also love snacks!  I have found that you are partial to the Annie's Bunnies. :-)

You also love playing with your toys.  You are such a curious boy.  I love when you are exploring the toys and your all too expressive eyebrows raise... one at a time. Why so serious? :-)

I am pretty sure you are days away from walking.  You don't like to sit still and you are always on the move.  You cruise and crawl so fast that Mama can barely keep up with you.  You are determined to get a hold of Bailey Cat and I think Bailey Cat fears you may succeed some time soon.

You still love to cuddle your Mama at night, and I love that.  You have your bottle and sit in my lap.  One thing you have done since you were a tiny baby is you hold your bottle with your right hand, or I hold your bottle with my right hand you always reach up with your left hand and hold my finger. You have done it from the beginning and I hope you do that always.  It is our special little time and when you are a big, stinky teenager, I hope you still wanna squeeze my finger.

I can't wait to watch you grow, but slow down!  You are movin' too fast for your Mama!  I can't even begin to describe how much I love you.  You are the reason I was put on this earth.  Every time my heart beats, it is for you.  You are my Monster, and I love you dearly.

Happy 1st Birthday Sullivan James! 



Love,

Mama

P.S.  I adjust the lyrics a bit when I sing this, but this is the song I sing to Sully most nights...

"Joy Of My Life" By: John Fogarty


I tiptoed in the room,

I know you got to have your rest.

She says, 'Come lay beside me,

I've been waitin' since you left.'

She's sweet to me;

Must be the luckiest man alive.

And did I tell you baby,

You are the joy of my life



First time that I saw you,

Ooh, you took my breath away.

I might not get to heaven,

But I walked with the Angels that day.



She takes me by the hand;

I am the luckiest man alive.

And did I tell you baby,

You are the joy of my life.



Some may have their riches;

Some may have their worldly fame.

Long as I have you;

I'll treasure each and every day.

Just take me by the hand;

I am the luckiest man alive.

And did I tell you baby,

You are the joy of my life.

And did I tell you baby,

You are the joy of my life.



4 comments:

  1. This is so precious. What a beautiful letter to your sweet boy. Oh the tears that must have been involved. And oh how he will feel when he reads it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday, Sully!!!! I hope you had a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled on this blog after reading Grow Baby Grow, and I just wanted you to know that this might be the cutest little boy I have ever seen. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! He is quite the ladykiller and he is quite the ham. He makes the best faces! :-)

      Delete