Thursday, July 19, 2012

Liebster Award

I want to thank the Academy.... and God... and my family.... and all the little people I had to step on to get here.

Haha!

Seriously, I was just informed that another blogger Valerie, has given me the bloggy Liebster Award.  How cool is that?  I love getting these!  This blog is so special to me and it is always nice to know that someone out there cares about what you write.  Thanks Valerie!





This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kind, lovely, endearing and welcome.




How it works:


*Each person must post 11 things about themselves.

*Answer questions that the tagger sets for you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers that you tag.

*Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post

*Go to their page & tell them

*No tag backs :)

*And lastly, have fun!!

So... here goes!


Eleven Things About CourtneyAnna

1.  I hate people who are late. If we set a time, and you are to be there by that time; get there.  Punctuality is all about respect.

2.  I love my job.  I am definitely one of those freaks that loves going to work every day.  I work at a legal aid program and we are busy all the time.  I also am the United Way chair for my firm and I love that too.  :-)

3.  I can cook and bake my ass off.  I love new recipes and perfecting my old ones.  We host a lot of dinner parties and they always have a theme.  Food must match the theme.

4.  Being a mom is my dream come true.  My hubby and I struggled through infertility and  loss, and the day Sully was born was the happiest day of my life.  I still get choked up thinking about the first time I heard his cry and saw his sweet face.  I even tear up when I am watching shows about women having babies and especially via C Section... I am a sap.

5.  I am obsessed with Diet Coke.  Not drinking it while I was pregnant felt like withdrawals from heroin.

6.  My favorite shows are Will and Grace, One Tree Hill, Sons of Anarchy and anything on Bravo. I love trash TV.

7.  My musical taste looks like something Sybil would have written down.  My iTunes library consists of First Aid Kit, Lil Wayne, Blind Willie Johnson, Paul Thorn, Ludacris, Paperboy, Backstreet Boys... you name it.  With the exception of Tool and screaming death metal.. I like it all.

8.  I feel like my struggles to get pregnant made me a tougher person. I am not saying that I am better than those who didn't struggle, more power to them, but I feel like it made me more appreciative.

9.  My son and I both had surgery at newborns.  My son had open heart surgery and I had surgery to correct pyloric stenosis 12 days after I was born.  After the surgery, I contracted a staph infection and it left me with a 5 inch long, indented scar that required an abdominal reconstruction in 2007.  Couple that scar with my hip to hip emergency c section and it looks like my belly is winking... Hahah!

10.  I could eat peanut butter toast every day. Peanut butter toast with butter on first and a glass of cold skim milk is DELICIOUS!

11.  Blogging confuses the hell outta me. I can post just fine but the finer points like "linking up" and "buttons" make me completely lost.  I can't believe I figured this award thing out!

Questions from Valerie:

What is your biggest fear?

Anything happening to Sully.  I hope there comes a time where I am not paranoid.. I just don't know what I would do with myself if anything ever happened to him. I feel like such a spaz checking in on him all the time at night, but I just can't help myself.

What is your favorite word?

Suckerdoodlebears.  It technically isn't a word, but still.  Robert and I have a habit of adding "doodle" or "bears" or a combination of the above to the ends of words, ever since we had Sully.  We call him our Monster Bear and it has snow balled from there.  Diapers are doodles, etc.  When I am trying to be nice, but yet still frustrated, I say, "Well doesn't that just suckerdoodlebears!"

Are you a morning person or night person?

Morning... definitely.  I have never been one to stay up late.  I was always the teen that conked out at 10om during sleepovers. 

If you could do things over again, would you?  Any aspect of your life. 

Nope.  All my trials and tribulations made me who I am today.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember.  I worked in that field for seven wonderful years before I needed a change.  I have been at Legal Aid for four years and I will never go back to nursing.

Nature or Nurture?

I think it is a little bit of both. God is the Creator and gives you some of who you are by making the clay for you; but I think how you are raised determines how that clay is formed and what shape it makes. 

What is your favorite movie?

Oh gosh, this is hard. I will have to do top three:
"Goodfellas"
"Knocked Up"
"Crash"
Wow... That's hard. I could probably add a zillion more. Robert and I are movie buffs.  We have a TON of DVDs and now Blu Rays.  I love movies.

If you could change one thing about yourself, would you?  What would it be?

I would be less sensitive.  I take things to heart to easily and I am a huge worrier.

What has blogging done for you?

It has saved my sanity.  There has been many times I have needed the support from other women who have walked in my shoes. Thank you.

What would you like to do when you retire?

I want to spend tons of time with my family, travel and cook time consuming meals.  I love to cook but we are always so busy that I don't generally have all day to cook a meal.  I would love to spend days in the kitchen.

Describe yourself in one word:

TOUGH.

My eleven questions for my nominees:

1.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
2.  If you could go on an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
3.  What would your dream home look like?
4.  If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do/buy?
5.  What is your favorite food?
6.  Have you been to any amazing concerts?  If so, who did you see?
7.  If you could have dinner with anyone famous, dead or alive, who would it be?
8.  What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
9.  If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. You're stuck on a deserted island, what three things do you bring?
11.  Who is your celebrity crush?

My nominees are:

Heather @ The Road Less Traveled.  She is such a hoot and is so supportive of her fellow bloggy mamas! And her son Aiden is so stinkin' adorable.

Katharine @ Grow Baby Grow.  Katharine and her husband are preparing for another IUI cycle.  She is TTCAL and she is so tough.  Send her positive vibes.  She deserves it! :-)

Kristin @ Dear Stevie.  I am pretty certain she has more than 200 followers, but she deserves to be recognized anyhow. Kristin is an inspiration.  She is a champion for baby loss mamas and now she is an awesome mom to her "rainbow" Elliot... who is basically too adorable for words!

Betsy @ Betsy in Bloom.  She was my first bloggy friend.  We talked about RE frustrations, loss and FINALLY getting our take home babies. Although she isn't blogging as much, she deserves recognition. :-)

Salisa @ Small Miracles.  Salisa always seems to comment at the right times when I need to hear a kind word.  She has an uber cute little boy now!  And we have the same birthday so that is good booga booga. :-)

Well, I guess that's it!  Thank you again to Valerie for the nom!  That was so cool!

Have a great Thursday ladies!





2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, your intro to this made me almost wet myself. That was genius!!!!

    I'm so glad you got a chance to answer these. I LOVE that I've gotten a chance to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I would be lost without you guys. I was even telling my husband that you and I are shockinly similar! I always feel kindred to a fellow Diet Coke addict... LOL

      Delete