Thursday, April 5, 2012

A pile of randomness

Morning ladies!

Work has been absolutely insane and at night we are just as busy and I feel terrible that I have been a slacker on posting again! 

We are in massive prep mode for my dad and Sandymom to come home from NC for a visit next week. Sullivan is being baptised on the 15th and I am very excited that my family will be here for that as well.  I am also keeping my fingers crossed that my brother will be home from Iraq for it as well. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but it would just make my day if he could be there.  The tux for Sully's baptism is just the bees knees. He is going to look so handsome!  My parents haven't seen Sully since he was like 3 weeks old so I am chomping at the bit for them to get here. My parents are antsy too.  They will be here for almost a week and I am so thrilled to be able to spend quality time with them and Sully and Robert.

We had a big day in our house this week; Sully had rice cereal for the first time!  The cardiologist wanted us to start the cereal before his second surgery because he would be 6 months old for surgery and then recovery time so they wanted it started before then.  I plan on making all of Sullivan's food but I obviously cannot make rice cereal so I was thankful that there was a Whole Foods to get some organic rice cereal.  We put a bib on him and mixed up a little batch.  At first, he didn't know what to think.  He smacked his lips and furrowed his brow and seemed unsure about what he thought about it.  After a few bites though, he was loving it! 



Unsure.... but then...



LOVING IT!

We mixed a little banana in there last night and he really enjoyed that. We are going to take it slowly and add a new food every week or so.  I can't believe my little man is eating foods now!  He showed his appreciation to me by pooping up his back before dinner last night. FAIL.  We had to give him a tubby again because it was everywhere!  He looks so adorable all squeaky clean and smellin' handsome:




I am so excited for Sunday!  I am so excited to play the Easter Bunny!  I am sure Sully James will love his overflowing Easter basket.

Well, I am only working a half day tomorrow and then it is off to the Cities for Easter!  I am so pumped!

CourtneyAnna

2 comments:

  1. The Baby Bullet comes with a miller blade and a recipe for homemade rice cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious?! I have one but I havent opened it yet! I better tear that sucker open tonight!

      Delete