Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail....

I am going to have to make this a quick post because I have a jillion and one things to do, and I want to write the April PAIL blog post so I gotta get the Easter post in now!

We went to my in laws this past weekend for Sully's first Easter. I have been planning for weeks and I was so damn excited to play the Easter bunny.  I typed up clues, packed his Easter basket to the brim and I was so excited on Saturday night that I could barely sleep.  When Sully woke up Easter morning, I changed him out of his pajamas and into his "My First Easter" shirt.  I had him sit with my mother in law, while I sneakily hid the three clues.  After his basket and the corresponding clues were in the correct locations, I took Sully around the house with Robert, reading him all his little riddles.  It was funny because he actually seemed into it and was giggling and laughing. 

The last last clue lead us to the kitchen, where I had hidden the basket.  When I opened the door, I said, "There it is! Look!  The Easter Bunny came for you!"  And he just let out a huge giggle and got all excited.  It was beyond adorable.  I took him back in the living room and sat him on the recliner.  I put his Easter basket next to him and he just giggled and smiled and played with his toys.  You'd think that he would lose interest or get fussy, but he actually sat in the chair and laughed and played with all his toys for almost 45 minutes!  It was entertainment to watch him:



Here is his basket:




We also stopped and visited Robert's grandmother, who was recently transferred to a nursing home. She fell and broke her heel a few weeks ago, but she seems to be really thriving in her new home. She used to be employed by the nursing home she is living at so she knows everyone there.  While we were visiting, we snapped a Four Generations picture:



From l to R: Robert's Mom, Sully, Robert's Grandmother, Robert

We had an amazing weekend, and now we are looking forward to another very fun week and weekend!  My dad and Sandymom are in from NC this week and Sully's baptism is on Sunday.  My parents got in town late last night and I cannot WAIT for this work day to be over.  They are going to be at our house right after work and I am basically willing the clock to move faster.  We haven't seen them since Christmas and I am antsy for them to see how Sully has changed and what a ham he is.

Have a great Wednesday ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete