Friday, April 20, 2012

It's a baptism, baby!

I finally found a minute in my day to post about Sullivan's wonderful baptism. 
My dad and Sandymom came into town on Wednesday for work and I was so excited for them to be here for the baptism.  We spent most of the week having family dinners, hanging out and laughing until our sides hurt.
Of course Sandymom was basically wanting to be with Sully James the whole time and I could tell he loved all the attention he was getting from his Granny.  Since my parents now live in North Carolina, I waited until they got here to give Sully his first taste of sweet potatoes.  Man, he LOVED them.  I basically couldn't shovel it in fast enough.  He looks so stinkin' cute when he eats... but then again, he is cute all of the time:



MMmmm.. sweet 'tatoes.

And like I said, Sully loved the extra Granny time:



Sully and his Granny

We also got my brother Zack to hold Sully for the first time.  It was pretty funny.  He gets so nervous around babies, but his girlfriend Chelsey and I pretty much forced him to hold his nephew.  Sully's face says it all:


Uncle Zack, Sully and Auntie Chelsey

On Saturday, we spent the day shopping with Sandymom and M and her daughter and some of our other friends.  It was so much fun!  There was babies and Grannys everywhere.  The kids were so good too!  The Children's Place has these awesome jammies with little elastic bands on the ankles so baby's feet stay in the footies... they are basically the bees knees. :-)  I bought Mr. Sully a few pairs.  They just fit so well.  Usually they are about $15 a pop, but they had them on sale for $6 each!  How could I pass them up?
Baby L had huge diaper blow out and while Sully and I were waiting for M to change her, we had a little photo shoot in the mall:



Smile, Handsome!



Silly face!

This was also the first time that Sully sat in the stroller like a big boy.  Usually I just attach his car seat, but he was so wide awake that I just put him in the stroller part and he loved it.  He probably felt like Mr. Big Man. Hahah

Sunday was his baptism.  The boys lounged in bed while I was running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off.  I had to make sure the cakes were ready, Sully's tux was steamed and wait for my in laws to arrive.  Here is a pic of my shirtless boys lounging while Mama was running around the house:



My boys are very studly...

My in laws got to our house and we caravaned to church.  Sully was so stinkin' cute in his white tux.  He was so well behaved too.  The baptism itself was a beautiful service.  I didn't cry, and I am very proud of myself.  I am still so grateful for our little Sully Bear, that I swear his poop would drive me into a throng of appreciative tears. T and M are his God Parents and they are just great. They are amazing friends and they love him so much:


Happy Baptism, Sullivan James!

After his baptism, we all went out to lunch at Green Mill.  I had reserved the private room and it was nice to have a little space all to ourselves.  I put his cakes out, and there was a table for all his cards. We had about 20 people having lunch with us and it was shaping up to be such a great day.  The only thing missing was my brother Nick.  You might remember that he is proudly serving our country in Operation: New Dawn.  He has been in Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan.  He was supposed to be home today.  My parents were so sad that they were going to miss him while they were in town, since they lef ton Monday; Sandymom especially.  We hadn't seen him since his leave in December.
After lunch, we were sitting around having cake.  I was standing near the doorway of the room when my dad said, "Hey, how about this?"  I turned around, and there was my brother!  He had literally just gotten off the bus and was still in full fatigues.  He wanted to surprise us.  There was not a dry eye in the place.  Waitresses and other patrons were blubbering too.  What a great surprise!  Now the day was really complete:


Sandymom and Nick... we are so happy you are back, safe and sound!

Sully was even very glad to have him home:

Welcome Home, Uncle Nick!

I really could not have asked for a more perfect weekend.  Of course it ended with Sully getting his first cold, but I think it was worth it. :-) We are so lucky and blessed to have the family, friends and life that we have.  We are gearing up for another fun weekends of BBQs and my mom and Ken coming home from their winter in Florida.  I can't even wait!

Have a good weekend everyone!

CourtneyAnna

3 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome deal on sleepers! I need to be looking for some too, so maybe I'll see if the sale is still going. Sully's baptism looks so wonderful, I'm glad you had such a great time with family for this special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sleepers! They just fit so perfectly!
      It was such a great day. We were just so glad my brother made it to part of the day! Hooray! No more deployment!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a special day! He looks so precious at his baptism, and I'm glad your brother got to come home!

    I will definitely have to check out those pajamas!

    ReplyDelete