Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Showers and 4D ultrasound!

Morning all!

It has been a really crazy few weeks.  We had our baby shower in Minneapolis with Robert's family this past weekend and it was a lot of fun.  His family is thrilled to pieces about Sully upcoming birth and it is nice to feel so loved.
Our niece Jourdan is thirteen years old.  She is in the midst of the total Teen Queen thing.  Lots of over done make up, boy drama and Justin Bieber.  I didn't think for a million years that a baby shower would appeal to her; but she was so excited to come.  Jourdan had been asking me about Sully and Sully's room and wanted to know all the colors I wanted for it.  I knew she was up to something. 
When she got to the party, Jourdan asked that I open hers last because she wanted me to wait. 
I opened up adorable clothes, the perfect set of bottles, baby monitors, teethers and countless little socks.
When it came time for the last gift, I thought Jourdan was going to burst. 
What I opened was the most adorable baby blanket that she had made all by herself.  It is a felt tie blanket and she had done it all perfectly.  She was so proud of herself.  I had to wink back a tear because I could not believe that this 8th grade diva had taken a break from Bieber-Fever to make this beautiful and special blanket for her new cousin.  It really made my day.


The print says, "I love my Mommy, I love my Daddy."
SO CUTE!

The baby shower trip was our last weekend trip to Minneapolis until after Sully is born.  It is about a 300 mile round trip drive and it is getting too uncomfortable for me to travel that long in a car and Dr. S wants me to make sure that I take it easy.  I still can't believe that next time we take that trip down I-35, we will be a family of three. :-)

We had our growth ultrasound yesterday.  My belly was measuring about a week ahead of schedule at my appointment 2 weeks ago so Dr. S wanted to see how much was Sully and how much was just my belly.  I was really excited to have the ultrasound.  Usually on Mondays, the tech is a women named Nancy and I just adore her.  She knows our situation and takes extra pictures for me.  When the tech came out to get me, it wasn't Nancy and I had never been with this person before.  Most of the staff in the office knows me from all of our IF stuff, so I was concerned that this appointment would not go well because this woman was obviously unfamiliar with me and my... well.. special needs.. haha.

When we got to the room, I was feeling anxious.  She wasn't really talking much and was all business.  She put the wand on my belly and just started taking measurements.  She said that his head was right on and that he was 3lbs 7oz.  He is measuring right to the day and it is my amniotic fluid that is causing my belly to measure bigger.  Dr. S says my amniotic fluid is slightly elevated, but that it is nothing to worry about.
As the scan continued, I thought for sure I was going to leave this appointment with no new pictures to look at.  Then I heard her flip the switch... 4D time.  The tech was able to locate Sully's face and snap some adorable pictures of our little guy! 


He's got his hand up by his mouth and he looks deep in thought.. Haha!

The tech and I both noticed right away how chubby his cheeks are!  My side of the family has really large apples of our cheeks and looks like Mr. Sullivan James got them too!  I know I am pretty biased, but I think he is already the bees knees.... :-)
To add to my already awesome day yesterday, I got confirmation that my Dad and Sandymom are coming home from North Carolina Dec. 9 for a five day visit.  I can't even wait.  I am sure my parents are gonna be over the moon for this grandson.  My dad calls him his little "feller." 

Robert and I are going to do some shopping tonight and get a few odds and ends that we still need for our little man.  We are hoping to start renovating the nursery this weekend.  We are slightly behind on that!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! And what a thoughful gift from your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ultrasound comes from machines that help create images of the womb in your body. With the help of an ultrasound, your doctor can tell many things about your child like its size, how well the baby’s heart and organs of the body are growing and working, and even give the expected date of delivery. Though 2D and 3D ultrasounds have been around for some time, 4D is a relatively new technology in ultrasound. 4D is four dimensional, and in 4D ultrasound, this fourth dimension is what helps create live pictures of your unborn baby. The major difference between 4D ultrasound and other scans is that it provides live studies of the baby. This gives a great bonding experience with the baby and mother to make her work at taking better care of herself. Siblings and other family members also draw closer together with a 4D pregnancy ultrasound.

    3D Ultrasound Atlanta

    ReplyDelete