Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Shower!

Morning ladies!

I am feeling a tad on the huge side this morning.  One of my favorite maternity shirts no longer covers my belly.  I thought it was absolutely hilarious that I pulled it on and when I turned around to check out my hotness in the mirror, I could see a big swath of pale, belly staring back at me.  Apparently I need to get a few more work shirts!

This past weekend, we had our 1st baby shower.  The whole day felt so surreal.  I had waited so long to get my chance to be the one that was pregnant and having the baby shower; not the helpful friend throwing the baby shower.  I could barely sleep on Friday night.  I felt like a little kid that was waiting for Santa to come and bring the coolest things ever.  I woke up ungodly early and spent extra time doing my hair and makeup.  I wanted to look perfect.

When I got to my grandma's I could barely hold in my excitement. I actually had to excuse myself a few times because I thought I was just going to completely lose it and start crying.  Tons of my friends and family came.  We had a big brunch, told stories and everyone rubbed my belly talked to Sully. 
I was blown away by how generous everyone was.  Sully made a haul!  We got the cutest clothes, blankets, diapers and toys ever!  My grandma got us the car seat and stroller.  We actually had to have my aunt follow us home after the party because not everything would fit in our car!

When we got home, Robert and I sat on the couch and took the tags and packaging off of everything.  I wanted to lay everything out and just look at it.  I was imagining putting on his little overalls, and having tummy time on his new playmat.  It was so wonderful.  Robert was even smiling ear to ear as he took the tags off his little, sports onesies.  We decided to put the stroller together so we could get the box broken down.  (Hey!  It is recycling day!  I didn't want all that cardboard in the house!)  This is the part where I should tell you that the directions on this assembly, were ridiculous.  The diagrams are about an inch high and the instructions don't really tell you how to put it together; it just said, 'Snap! .... into place!"  Well, it didn't really go like that. :-)
There was some cuss words coming out of Robert's mouth and I was sitting on the couch giggling.  Ever now and then he would shoot me a light hearted stink eye until finally.... victory!



He was pretty proud of himself!

We have our baby shower with Robert's family this weekend in Minneapolis.  This is also our last trip there until after Sully comes.  Dr. S doesn't want me to sit in a car for long distances and besides, the traffic in Minneapolis, couple with awful drivers, is enough to send me into labor!  I am so excited to have that shower too!  I know Robert's family is just as excited as we are!

Have a good Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment