Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rough Morning

Morning all,

WARNING:  I WILL BE DISCUSSING MORNING SICKNESS.

This morning has been a little rough.  I had a tough time sleeping last night and I have been up and about since 4am.  I had a touch of tummy trouble and had to go to the bathroom promptly when I got up.  I generally don't get up until 5am so that lost hour is really making me a hurtin' unit.  I was pretty nauseated after I got up, and I know I should have eaten something, but I was so tired.  I tried to lay down again, but I could barely sleep.  I decided to drag myself outta bed at my normal hour and I instantly regretted it.
I was hittin' the decks gagging.

I did my normal routine and made Robert's lunch and my breakfast. Of course I had to pause a few times and puke and heave over the sink.  I ate my breakfast and hoped everything would stay down.  I tried my deep breathing and relaxation techniques.  Nothing seems to quell my belly.  Midway through getting dress, Sully decided he didn't want to hang out with the waffle I ate for breakfast. 
Robert is always so comforting when I am sick.  You'd think he would be repulsed by my constant toss-age of cookies, but he always stands by me and lets me know that everything will be fine.... even if it happens to come out my nose.
I was told that when Sully goes through a growth spurt and rubs up against my stomach, that my stomach churns and makes me sick.  Well now that I am well into my second trimester, he is going to be growing like crazy for the rest of my pregnancy so apparently I better get used to being sick without a reprieve.  The Zofran is still helping, but I try not to take it every day.  I try to only use it when I really need it... like today.

I am also retaining a little water today so my face is feeling pretty fat.  I threw on my comfiest work outfit and I am praying I make it through the day without having to hang my face over my garbage can. 

Hope you ladies have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment