Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It has been forever!

Hello there!

I haven't posted in a few days because I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! On Friday, Robert and I drove down to the cities for the weekend. Traffic was a nightmare as per usual, but we made it there by 8pm, which is all I can ask for. His parents were excited to see us. We also decided that since my parents knew what was going on, we would let them in on our TTC troubles. It is always hard telling someone when you are having an issue with this. I mean, I know it happens, but it is a complete downer. And I really hate feeling like I am bumming people out.
His mom was amazing. She seemed to completely get how I was feeling, and even let us know that she too had a pregnancy loss before Robert was born. I am glad that all the parents are in the loop. Robert and I are blessed with amazing parents and it will be nice to have a lot of support in the coming months.

We called it an early night on Friday. It is really exhausting to work a full day and then get in the car and drive for 2 hours! On Saturday, we ran to Target to get some last minute costume things. I got a cool head band, earrings, and cute little shoes on clearance! I loved it. We grabbed some lunch at Chili's (which we don't have in Duluth) and Robert and I split some SERIOUSLY delicious fajitas. I was really surprised.

Saturday night we had our big Halloween party. Robert's friend's threw a big bash and it was a really good time. I had offered to sober cab so Robert could have a good time with his guy friends, and well, he definitely had a good time!
Here is our costumes. We are a smokin' hot couple:



I do hate that you can see like all 8 of my chins though... wah wah wah.

Robert over imbibed at the party and by the time we got back to his parents house and laid down, he jumped outta bed, and vomited in an empty shoe box. HOT. He decided to sleep in the recliner, which was OK with me. At his parent's house we have to share a twin bed it is not the most comfortable thing.

We slept in a little bit on Sunday and then I drove home (Robert was still feeling a little under the weather haha).
We got home around 2pm and cleaned up a little bit so we could head over to my mom's. My mom had planned a little Halloween party for the family. She decorated the house and made lots of food. She even put her pulled pork rolls in a coffin:



She's adorable. Then we took the boys trick or treating. My little cousins are adorable! Here is a picture of Max as Dash from The Incredibles and Christian, he was a baseball player:



It was a really wonderful weekend, but I was so tired! I feel like I am still playing catch up.

Yesterday I busted butt getting ready for Women Rock! I can't believe it is almost here! Come Sunday I am going to be a walking zombie! I am sleepy just thinking about it.

I didn't realize this post was going to be this big, so I suppose I better get back to the grind!

~Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment