Monday, November 15, 2010

I fro-ed up.

Exhausted.

That is about the only word I can use to sum up this weekend. On Friday it was forecasted that Minnesota was going to get a giant snowstorm. Great. I understand I live in Northern Minnesota but that doesn't necessarily mean I love to frolic in the fluffy, white stuff every year.
After work on Friday we made a mad dash to the grocery store and decided to batten down the hatches and settle in for the weekend.
I spent all of Saturday cleaning out the closet and scrubbing the bedroom from top to bottom. I was able to pack 2 bags full of clothes to donate to Good Will. I decided that if I hadn't worn something in 6 months, it was outta here. It was quite liberating actually. One of the deciding factors when I bought my house was the closet. It is a giant walk-in closest that is 10 feet long and 7 feet deep. And let me tell you, I have that mother full! I thought I was doing really well on the garment purge until I realized I still had 2 dressers full, and my entire closet. Oh well. At least it was organized.
My aunt called me and wanted me to watch Max for the night. How could I say no? He is the best kid ever. I was super pumped he was coming for a slumber party! Robert went out to the store and bought all the stuff for ice cream sundaes and Max was bringing "How to Train your Dragon."
We had a great dinner. Robert and Dan made sloppy joes, I made Mac and Cheese for Max.
Then we got on our jammies, made ice cream treats, and snuggled in for the movie.
At 10pm... I put Max in his bed, and I climbed in mine, and it was off to dreamland. I worked at group homes for several years so I sleep very lightly. At midnight, I heard Max start to cry. I asked him what was wrong, and his response? "I fro-ed up."
I sat straight up and the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. Ice cream and mac and cheese.... ugh... the dairy.
I helped him off his bed, stripped the sheets, and immediately put them in the wash. Hottest water setting possible.
I washed him up, gave him some tummy medicine, and he said he felt better.
I put clean sheets on the bed, and he snuggled in again.

Fast forward: 20 minutes later.

I hear Max start to cry again. So, like deja vu, I asked, "What's the matter honey?"
Here it comes: "I fro-ed up again...."

I once again got out of bed, and stripped the vomit covered sheets. At this point, he was running a fever so I knew I had to call me aunt. Poor kid.

We got him cleaned up, new load of sheets in the wash, and went to the living room to wait for his mommy.
We were smart and grabbed him a bucket this time, which he proceeded to use...... twice.
He was excited when mommy got there and Robert and I were now wide awake. It was 2am.
We decided to go in the den and watch a little TV. At 3am, we decided to try and get some shut eye.
Some of you may not know this, but sometimes, Robert snores like a freight train. Like open mouth, suck snoring.
So there I lay, in bed, tossing and turning. Robert was snoring away. I laid there until 4am. With no sign of sleep in sight, I grabbed my pillow and blanket, and stomped downstairs.
Fine, I thought to myself. I will just sleep on the couch. At least it is quiet here. Yea, um...not. I slept for all of 30 minutes until I could hear Robert's snoring all the way from upstairs, and then, get this, my dog started to snore.
Now walking around feeling like an exhausted zombie, I once again packed up my bed roll, and plodded to the den in the basement. I at this point, abandoned all hope of sleep so I just proceeded to watch movies. I had made it through "The Untouchables" and "Blow" before Robert awoke from his wonderful slumber.

I was completely exhausted for the whole day on Sunday. And then, to add the cherry on the top of my misery, the Vikes lost to the stinkin' bears! ::groan::
I actually looked forward to work today. I just have to get through today and tomorrow, and then I am officially on vacation until the 29th. I am beyond excited! And I am North Carolina bound on Thursday. I am so excited to see my parents!
Later,
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment