Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday..... already?

Morning!

Well, it was a wonderful weekend to say the least. Women Rock was an astounding success. It was our biggest event yet! There was so many people there and the all around vibe was overwhelming. I was actually brought to tears with the outpouring of love I felt that day. With Sandymom being a breast cancer survivor, this event always hits me in the heart strings. I am so proud of her for kicking cancer's butt. Not a day goes by that I don't feel lucky that she was as strong as she was.
We had great volunteers and surprisingly, warm weather! That is pretty unusual for Northern Minnesota in November.
It was a great day, but I was wiped out! I was on my feet all day and running around making sure everything was just right. My friends Leah and Melissa volunteered for me and they really rocked the house!

After the long day, I went to Leah and enjoyed some yummy Chinese take out (the L14 Mixed Vegetable with garlic from Beijing is to die for!) and some wine. It was a much needed chill session.

Sunday was spent being a seriously lazy ass. I know I could have done a million things on Sunday, but it was the first day in weeks that I could just relax. Robert and I watched the Vikes game. What a freakin' nail biter! UGH, and I am so over Brad Childress as coach... he needs his walking papers.
Then we watched the final two Blade movies. They were Wesley Snipes cheesy, but they were OK.

I am in my insomniac cycle lately. I fall asleep easily, but then I am up every hour. It is seriously annoying. Especially with the holidays and my trip coming up, I need all the sleep I can get. I am going to try and pop a Unisom tonight and see if that helps.
Perhaps it is my subconscious nerves. I have my appointment with Dr. Sebastian next week. This is the appointment to see if the birth control has shrunk the cyst enough to start the Clomid. I am keeping everyone of my fingers crossed and praying constantly, because this whole taking birth control AND prenatal vitamins, is an oxymoron that I don't particularly care for. I am getting better about relaxing about the whole situation though. And I am really trying to curb all my stresses. In fact, I made a command decision that will curb a bunch of my holiday stress.
Usually on Christmas Eve, we go to my Aunt K's house. Well, obviously with all the family drama of this past year, I have decided that even if Robert and I are in invited, we will not attend. It would just be too hard and I don't want to spend my holiday uncomfortable. Instead, I will take Sandymom's place and make a big family dinner. I have already talked to Dan, Robert and Nick about it, and they are all game. I am going to make a ham, potatoes, homemade pies, the whole nine yards. We are going to have our own family Christmas. I will do everything like Sandy did. I will get everyone stockings, and fill them with candy and tooth paste. Stepping into that matriarch role is frightening, and I have big shoes to fill, but I know I can do it.
I am getting really excited for Christmas now. I have a plan and for those who know me, you know I must have a plan! Haha.

I suppose I better do some more work (or online shopping.... I haven't really decided!) talk to you soon!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment