Friday, February 3, 2012

Back on the grind

Well, I am back at work.  And I am not thrilled about it.

Originally, we thought Sully's surgeries were going to be close together so I had decided to stay out until after surgery #2.  Luckily, he is doing so well that they are able to space the surgeries out more.  So, here I sit.

We had an appointment with the cardiologist ion Jan 24th.  Sully had an echocardiogram and an EKG.  He was not a happy about having to spend most of these tests only in his diaper. :-(  This boy really hates to be naked. Dr. V said he is still looking so amazing.  The echo showed awesome flow through his shunt.  It was always our hope that Sully would be able to make it to 7 months old before the next surgery because that is ideal, and Dr. V said we could!  Surgery #2 will be in May.  We think it will be scheduled at our next cardio appointment on Feb. 21.

So, back to my hysteria.  I originally started writing this post on Wednesday, which was my first day back, but after being out of work for the better part of three months, I got SUPER busy.
Let me tell you this though, dropping Sully off at daycare was quite possibly the hardest thing I have ever done. I didn't even bother with make up and my hair was a wreck.  I kept the tears at bay because I didn't want Sully to get freaked out.  I want him to enjoy spending time with his new friends. We got into Molly's house and she was very excited to have him there.  He looked content as I handed him to Molly.  I gave him about a zillion kisses and after many, many last minute things I relayed to her (even though I said them about 10 times) I walked out the door.... and promptly lost it.  I literally sobbed so hard I gagged.  On the verge of a panic attack, I slide into the passenger seat and Robert and I left for the office.  I broke out in hives and just cried.  I had snuck one of his blankets into my purse and I just held it and smelled it all the way to the office.  I am sure some of you think that is creepy, but just wait... you will do it too.
I made it about 45 minutes before I texted Molly.  Her response was an adorable picture of Sully sitting in her lap and smiling.  It made my morning.  Luckily, I was swamped at work and the day FLEW by.  The second that the clock hit 4:30, I launched myself out the door and basically sprinted to my car.  Traffic was crawling.  When I got to Molly's, I all but knocked over another parent trying to get to the door.  Sully James was snoozing in Molly's arms when I arrived.  I was hoping he would be awake and excited to see me.  When we got home though, he woke up and gave me the biggest smile as if to say, "Well hey there Mama!" I spent the rest of the evening snuggling him and kissing his cheeks.

These past two mornings of dropping him off have been way easier!  I didn't bring his blanket today and I have been more at ease.  I know Molly is doing an amazing job and that Sully will have wonderful little friends to play with. Pumping at work is a hassle but I refuse to give him formula unless it is absolutely necessary. I am glad it is Friday so I can spend the weekend with my favorite little fella!  I can't wait to snuggle him tonight!

I will end this post with a few more pics of the most beautiful, amazing boy ever!



Mr. Handsome!


He has our wedding rings on his toes... but he didn't really like being in that sling.. as you can tell by his face! Hahah!


I love that the blocks spell out "MIRACLE." :-)


Sully's "Whaaaaaat?" face!


I am OBSESSED with his bomber hat!


My face is funny and he looks like he is gonna eat my nose...


His Calvin Klein modeling pose!  And his scar is barely visible here!


Snuggling after the first day of daycare!



Smiling and waving!

Have a good weekend ladies! 

Courtney and Sullivan

1 comment:

  1. He is beautiful! I am glad that he is doing so well and he does not have to have his surgeries too close together. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete