Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Culprit

As some of you know, I have been dealing with some pretty rockin' morning sickness.  Of course what makes this even more awesome, is the wicked diarrhea counterpart.  I am not one to complain, considering it took us 16 months and lots of heartache to get here, but the constant trips to the bathroom and the pain in the butt (literally) were starting to wear on me. 
Yesterday morning was no exception. 
You could literally hear my stomach gurgling all the way across our bedroom.  I couldn't eat breakfast, I just wanted to sleep, and in the end, I was a crying mess before work.  I decided to called Dr. S's office, because this just couldn't be normal.
His nurse Julie is so awesome.  She gets on the phone with me and says, "Oh Courtney, honey, you sound terrible."  Yes Julie.... I am feeling rotten.  We discussed what I have been eating lately, drinking lately, and the pills I am taking.  I could pretty much rule out anything I have been eating or drinking because I most eat organically and drink water all the time.   Like I told you on Monday, we were pretty sure it was my Metformin that was upsetting my tummy and now we know for sure it is.  Sneaky little bugger.
We decided to forgo the Metformin for now.  He said that while it is a good pill to take, I cannot continue to have diarrhea like this and be so sick all the time.  I can try taking it again in a few weeks and just starting taking a 1/2 tab at night, and then wait a few days, and then take another.  We are going to go really slowly with this.
I will say, I didn't take it last night and even though I am still nauseated this morning, it is more manageable and I am feeling a million times better.  I welcome all these symptoms.  I relish them, cherish them, and appreciate them. 
I am finding sleeping is starting to become uncomfortable.  My tummy is nauseated so it isn't fun to sleep on my stomach and my back is uncomfortable so I bit the bullet and ordered this awesome pregnancy pillow from Amazon.  It looks totally cool and I am hoping it will help be supportive. Isn't it cool?


They had the same ones at Target for $70 but of course, Amazon had them for only $60 and I got free shipping.  It should be here in 5 days.  I can't wait!

Have a good Thursday everyone!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment