Monday, April 18, 2011

What has it been? Like a month?!

Good morning all!

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted.  How crazy!  I am so much to fill you in on.

Well, I haven't posted in a while because I have been keeping a secret:

I'm pregnant.

Yes, that's right; I am the sacred vessel. 

You don't know how many times I wanted to write, scream, and yell it from the rooftops, but I needed to wait.  My dad and Sandymom and my cousin S read my blog and I wanted to make sure they found out from me and not my blog.

The cat is now outta the bag and I will be back to posting like normal.  Here is the skinny:

I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I am due on Dec. 3, 2011.  Needless to say, Robert and I are VERY excited.  It is hard to be 100% excited because when you are an IF mom, you always have a nagging in the back of your mind and you are praying that everything goes smoothly.  I am trying to stay as positive as possible.
I am taking the prometrium twice a day as a precaution.  Dr. S said I only had to do it once a day, but I am not taking any chances.  I am also back on my Metformin and obviously a prenatal vitamin.  I am watching what I eat, taking it easy, and dealing with all my new pregnancy things.  My chest has been very sore and almost kind of swollen.  I am a pretty busty girl as it is, and when I read that I could grow a whole cup size in the first trimester; I could have thrown up. 
Speaking of throwing up, I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.  I was queasy, vomiting, and having diarrhea all last week.  It was just rotten.  It is funny though, when you have had such trouble becoming pregnant, you almost don't mind the constant vomiting.  Usually when I vomit, I cry, but that seemed to stop.  I just get it over with and I almost feel lucky to be doing it, because it is validation that I am actually and finally pregnant.
As with any IF mom, I am hyper aware of my body.  Every twinge, pain, gas bubble, makes me nervous.  I am trying my hardest to relax and just put my trust in God.  I know He will take care of me.

I have my next appointment on April 27th.  I am excited for it.  We already had our first ultrasound, but it was so early that we could barely see anything.  We should be able to see more at this appointment.  I am labeled as high risk so I will get an ultrasound at every visit.  I am grateful for that. :-)  Oh, and there is only one baby!  Haha!  everyone was sure it would be twins! Haha

It is kind of a relief to have the cat out of the bag.  I am sure some people in my position would have waited longer to "announce" it, but I am going to be excited damnit!  I want to be excited and positive, instead of cowering in my house for 3 months. 

Now I can keep everyone posted!  I missed you guys! 
Talk to you soon!
~Courtney

2 comments: