Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Seven Dwarfs Complex- First Trimester

I think all pregnant women, including myself, suffer from something I like to call, The Seven Dwarfs Complex.
I'm not talking about Dopey and Doc; I'm talking about the other seven, little-known dwarfs:
Pukey
Bloaty
Sleepy
Crabby
Crier
Yeller
Worrier

Those are all the dwarfs in the first trimester.  I can safely say that I have been all of those dwarfs thus far in my pregnancy.  Especially Bloaty, Sleepy, Pukey, and Worrier....

This morning I am once again very nauseated, tired, and, since I am slowly starting my metformin again, I am having a massive amount of gastrointestinal distress.  It all adds up to a pretty outstanding morning. Not.
I am taking most of this in stride, but man, the diarrhea is really starting to kill me a little.  I hadn't been taking my Metformin for a while and then at my appointment last Monday, Dr. S wanted me to start taking it again.  I had completely forgotten that you had to start taking it gradually and I just went back to my regular dose.
BIG MISTAKE.
I spent the better part of three days in the bathroom.  This may be a TMI, but it got so bad, I had to use Desitin to "ease the pain."  How awful is that?

I waited until last night to slowly try the Metformin again.  My tummy is pretty upset today.  I am going to talk to Dr. at my appointment next week and see if there is anything we can do.  I am making sure that these "issues" don't make me dehydrated, but man!  Drinking even more water than I already do, has me in the bathroom like every half hour.  Let's just move my office in there shall we?

I suppose I better get to work.  Besides, I feel the other dwarf coming..... CRABBY.

Have a good rest of the say!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment