Wednesday, September 29, 2010

EPIC WIN

Hello all,

We have ourselves a dreary day here in Northern Minnesota. The sky is heavy and black with rain. ICK.
Yesterday, I was confined to the house because the first cold of the season knocked me on my ass. Thank goodness for flex accounts covering over the counter meds! I loaded up!

My pregnant friend I told you about in the 1st post came over last night. She was bringing me dinner and going to hang out since our husbands would both be gone that night. Both of our husbands are Free Masons and they have lodge on Tuesdays.
I still got the queasy feeling in my stomach. I am still slightly uncomfortable on how to act around her. I don't ever want her to feel like I am not thrilled for her or that I don't want to talk about her impending bundle of joy. Truthfully, I am thrilled for her. She will be an awesome mom and her husband will be an amzing dad. And I can't wait to be a part of that child's life.
I walked my dog and gave myself a pep talk. I said, "Self, you are not going to cry about it today. You are going to ask questions and make her feel happy."
And I can say with confidence; I did just that.
She came straight from work and her new, corporate clothes showed off her newly sprouted baby bump. I felt one pang of sadness that I was sure was going to send the tears a flowing, but I kept it under control.
I asked her how she was feeling and she filled me in on the new maternity clothes she had purchased.
I never thought I would be jealous of elastic waisted pants.

We hung out the rest of the evening. We ate dinner, watched "Glee", and vegged. After she left, I thought I would for sure crawl into bed and cry. But guess what? I didn't. I was OK. I still had the ache in my heart for the something I didn't have, but I was able to be strong. I was super proud of myself.
I am definitely marking that in the WIN column.
I cant say I will be that strong every time, but at least it is getting easier.
The official countdown is 5 days until I see Dr. Sebastian.....
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment