Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Whoa! Remember me?!

Hi, my name is Courtney and I am a horrible blogger. 

In my defense, we have been insanely busy around here.  With Christmas and relatives and teething and projects, I am wiped out!

There are many things to talk about but I will keep it simple.

Christmas:  Christmas was a blast!  Sully loved opening presents and he seemed genuinely interested in his gifts.  Sully recently discovered Elmo and he loves watching anything Elmo.  My aunt got him "Elmo in Grouchland" for Christmas and when he opened it, he said, "Oh Wow!  Elmo!"  It was adorable.

Robert and Sully got me a Citrine (Sully's Birthstone) and diamond necklace for Christmas and, yep, I cried.  I have wanted a necklace like that since Sully was born and I was so surprised that Robert got me one.  He usually is the worst present picker outer, but he definitely hit the nail on the head with this one.  It is stunning.  I had about 6 days off of work for Christmas and I did a ton of cooking.  I made every dinner from scratch, and cookies, and treats... it was a pretty yummy week in our house!



Opening presents from Santa



Courtney the Overworked Reindeer

I still can't believe it is 2013.  Life is flying by me now. Sully James turned 14 months old yesterday and he is my little ham.  He is ::this close:: to walking.  He has taken a step or two here and there and he pushes his Batmobile around the house like a mad man so I am assuming he will be walking by the end of the week. He is talking up a storm too.  People are shocked at how much he talks, but then again, I am a motor mouth so he didn't have any other options, right?  He says:
Please
Mama
Daddy
Bailey (Our cat)
Animal sounds
Love you
Bottle
Cookie
Eat
Grandma/Grandpa
Hello
Buh Bye
Hi
Molly (daycare lady)
No
Juice
Milk
Waffle

... and will repeat pretty much anything,  He blows me away with how smart he is.

In other awesome news, Robert and I have started a little pet project that we are calling Project Heart to Heart.  We are so grateful for Children's Hospital and Ronald McDonald House for everything they did for us during Sully's surgeries, that we wanted a way to give back.  As our inaugural act for Project Heart to Heart, Robert and I are doing a drive for Ronald McDonald house.  I created a Facebook event for it and hoped a few of my friends and family would donate.  Well, the response has become explosive!  There are over 1,000 that have been invited and over 70 have committed to donate!  Even the postal workers union here in Duluth have donated me the use of a PO box for people to send donations too.  It was amazing.  I have already received multiple donations and I can't believe how wonderful everyone is.  I am collecting, checks, Target gift cards, small stuffed animals, and items from RMH's wish list from now until the end of February.  After everything is collected, we are carting everything to RMH and I can't wait.  If you wanna check out the event, here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/events/559093120785128/?fref=ts


I will keep you all posted!  Wish us luck!

Now, I will move on to the photo bomb part of the post. Enjoy and have a great Tuesday!



Getting molars is no fun



Reading a book



Playdate with Mr. LB



Picking up the keys to Project Heart to Heart's PO Box. :-)



Chowin' down on french toast.



Drivin' his bus on the living room table...



Playing on the Ipad with his cousin



Such tickly armpits!  hahah!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment