Saturday, January 14, 2012

He just keeps knocking 'em outta the park

Evening all,

How is everyone doing on this January evening? Things are splendid in Sully World.
Sullivan is two months old today. I'm still recovering from the whiplash I have from how quickly these past two months went by. He is growing & changing everyday. He's gaining more strength daily & not being so much of a bobble head. :) He is smiling, discovering his tongue & laughing at his toots.
I had to put on my brave mom pants for his two month appointment with the pediatrician that we had on Wednesday. I knew he was getting shots & I didn't want to bawl my eyes out during them. We are obviously pros to the whole medical game, but it's never fun. Sully is actually a pro at shots too. Because he is a cardiac kid, Sully has gotten monthly shots called Synagis & it helps protect against RSV. Synagis is given once a month, every month, during RSV season. The RSV season is usually November to April.
He got the first dose of Synagis in December & I cried like a loser. Thankfully his home nurse had given to so I was able to weep in the privacy of my living room.

Robert wasn't able to come to the appointment with me so I was even more anxious because I was flying solo.
I love his pediatrician & I was thrilled to show off how much he'd grown since his last visit.
Sully J weighed in at 10lbs 2oz & was almost 22 inches long. Dr. P said he looked amazing &  was still astounded by his recovery. After the usual chatter, it was time for the shots. My palms were so sweaty. At the two month check up, babies get four vaccinations: DtaP, Hib & Hep B. Those are injections. They also get a Rotavirus vaccination but that is a oral solution.
They try & do the shots quickly. As they started, Sully did start to cry,  but it only lasted less than a minute. Whatta tough guy! I suppose after having open heart surgery, a few little pokes are nothing.

We meet with the cardiologist on the 24th & Sully will have an echo to look at the shunt. We're seeing Dr. V on that day & he worked very close with us at Children's so it will be exciting to see him.

Well, I am starting to hear my little man stir & toot, so I betted skeedaddle.
Have a great weekend!

Courtney & Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment