Monday, February 25, 2013

Things we have been up to.

Has it really been an entire month since I have posted?  Wow.  I swear, time is in hyperdrive and I am getting whiplash from it screaming by me.

I have debated about blogging about this for a few weeks now, but I guess I should throw it out there.  As you all know, when Sully had both surgeries, we were able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House inside Children's hospital.  It was so nice to be able to have a bed to sleep in, and our own shower, all without having to leave the hospital.  I will be forever grateful for them. 
In between Sully's 1st and 2nd surgeries, we collected pop tabs for RMH and we were able to bring them down when we went there for his 2nd surgery.  We ended up collecting a whopping 3 garbage bags full!  We were so excited about that so it got us thinking:  What more could we do?
After the holidays were over, Robert and I decided to do another fundraising drive for RMH.  We called it Project Heart to Heart.  What I thought was going to be a small thing with our friends and family, it quickly erupted into a GIANT fundraiser, and Robert and I were chosen as people making a difference in our community and our local TV station even did a story on us!  It was so awesome!  Even the local postal workers union donated the use of a PO Box for us.  It has been great.  We are collecting Target gift cards, items from RMH's wish list, checks, and brand new stuffed animals.
The response has been outstanding!  I am overwhelmed by it all, and I feel so proud.  We have gotten letters from Ohio, Kansas, and all over with donations and thank yous.  It really brings tears to my eyes. 
We hope to bring all the donations in mid-March.

If you are interested in donating (please don't feel obligated,) but here are some links:

Ronald McDonald House Upper Midwest

www.rmhc-um.org

The Facebook event page for Project Heart to Heart

http://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=project%20heart%20to%20heart&init=quick&tas=0.487071148349588&search_first_focus=1361810166278#!/events/559093120785128/?fref=ts

or this one

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/events/559093120785128/


The link to our news story

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/lifestyle/making-a-difference/Making-a-Difference-The-Kile-Family-190323171.html

The PO Box for Project Heart to Heart

Project Heart to Heart
P.O. Box 161171
Duluth, MN 55816

Well, there it is.  The cat is outta the bag.


In other news, I have had a large stomach ever since Sully was born.  Now, let me also say that I am not delusional and think I am a thin person, but you can actually see the top of my stomach protruding in the video and it ain't pretty.  Robert finally convinced me to go get it looked at.  I went in on Tuesday and I have some sort of stomach mass.  Now, my doc doesn't think it is anything serious or cancerous because she is able to move it so freely, but I am going back in on March 12 for a couple scans and an ultrasound.  She thinks it is a fibroid because I never really healed from my C-Section. (Surprise open heart surgeries tend to throw a wrench in one's plans to lay around all day.)
I'm not super nervous, but there is always that thought in the back of your head that what if it is something bad?  That makes me slightly anxious.  The plan for now is to see what it is, and see the size and probably remove it laproscopically.  Sully also his his big cardiac follow up appointment that morning so it looks like March 12 will be a big day for everyone.  Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, ok?  We really want to be able to stop the one medicine that Sully is on.  He hates the taste and I just want it to be done.

Other than that, we have just been living life and hanging out.  Sully is so smart!  Here is a little recap for ya:

Sully is:

1.  Walking and running all over the place. I think he may be a track star or something.
2.  He is eating like a horse.  I swear, this kid has a hollow leg.  He finally has reached 20lbs!  Woohoo!  I'm shocked it hasn't happened sooner because he eats like he's going to the chair.  His favorite foods are, Cuties, bananas, peas, squash, whole grain waffles, jelly sandwiches, turkey, Teddy Grams, baby Goldfish crackers, veggie straws, Annie's White Cheddar Shells, and pretty much anything else.
3.  He is talking like a 3 year old.  Sully has been talking since he was 8 months old and every day he learns for words.  His favorite word by far is cookie.  The other morning in the bath, we were going over what animals said and when I got to dog, he said that dogs say cookie... oh jeeze. 
4.  He loves to color.
5.  Sully loves to read. We downloaded some Pete the Cat books on my Nook and preordered the new one coming out tomorrow, so I am excited for bedtime! :-)  He also loves to read his bible at night, which I love.
6.  He is super social.  He had his 1st friend birthday party yesterday.  Sully has a big, happy personality so he was hamming it up for all the guests yesterday.
7.  He is an AWESOME sleeper!  Generally 11-12 hours a night.  It is fantastic.
8.  He is a great kid. I know all parents say that, but it is the God's truth for my Sully bear.  He is well behaved, polite, funny, and has maybe throw 4 tantrums in his whole life.  I just love this kid!
9.  He says please and thank you without prompts.  Proud Mama over here.
10.  He still loves the Bubble Guppies, but we have recently discovered Chuggington, and he is a fan.  I turn it on while I am finishing my make up in the morning and he says, "CHOO CHOO!"

I guess I will leave some pics:

First hair cut!



Thanks Steve!



Face paint mustache at fun day at the museum!



He looks so handsome with his new hair!!



New Elmo!



Fork Lessons



I have awesome Valentines. :-)



Target is exhausting....



Good morning!



"Helping" with laundry



Love of my life. :-)



Hope you all have a great week!!!

Courtney


2 comments:

  1. You are amazing for reaching out and touching so many families lives by helping the RMH! My classroom used to collect pop tabs and I would mail them off, they are such a terrific organization! I love that all donations go 100% to the organization, not to CEO's, etc. SO SO proud of you! Mr. Sully is growing up so fast, I can't believe how active he is and what a little man he is becoming! I will be thinking of you in the upcoming weeks with all you have going on with the doctors for both you and Sully. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that sweet boy! His haircut is adorable!

    I'll definitely keep you and Sully in my T&P over the coming weeks. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete