Saturday, December 17, 2011

Being a mama is amazing

Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm here. I'm in my living room, watching the hockey game, and there is the most beautiful baby asleep on by chest. I keep dipping my head to kiss his and breathe in that intoxicating baby smell. It is the best aroma in the world. We have our feet up in the recliner and snuggled up against the Minnesota cold with warm, soft blankets. This is absolute heaven.
Thank you all for your kind words! While we have a long road ahead, I am confident that Sully will continue to amaze doctors. We have an appointment with his cardiologist on Tuesday. We are lucky that his cardiologist from Children's comes to Duluth every Tuesday. We haven't seen the doctor for a few weeks & I can't wait to show off his awesome growth! Sullivan is 8lbs 7oz. He has gained 2lbs since birth. He is surpassing expectations. We were told that cardiac kids have trouble gaining weight, but not our boy! He is such a trooper.
He has even started sleeping through most of the night! The first time he did it, I shot out of bed and basically jumped in his bassinet just to make sure he was breathing. We are so lucky to have the world's best child.
I posted a picture of Sully. I thought I was attaching it to this one, but I didn't. I'm learning the Blogger app for my phone. Obviously it was an epic fail. LOL

Happy Saturday!
Courtney & Sully

1 comment:

  1. Keep up being a great momma...he is a strong boy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete